Not a huge amount for this month’s newsletter but there are some important events on the near-horizon and one or two other matters to comment on. I have also been asked about the rules for the 2017 modelling competition by some who want to get their skates on: they’ll be in the September update next month...
The Railway Modeller magazine article
We have waited months for this and at last it’s out. A copy has been placed on the Club’s notice board for those who have not seen it: it does not disappoint either. We have been extremely lucky to secure this and free publicity of this sort does not come around every day. The Railway Modeller also contributed £40 towards our funds for submitting it !
Thanks go to Ted Hylton for initiating the original contact with the Editor of RM and do take time to read the article when you are next in the club.
A reminder that the next sale is planned for Thursday the 22nd. September [at 7.00 pm] – this week ! - and will be held in the Chapel Room on the first floor of the FOYD building. This sale will include:
- a very small number of N gauge items on a commission basis [although a club member will be selling an amount of his own N gauge stock also]
- OO and O gauge items [including a large number of BR-era weathered steam locos, a scarce Trix 4-car Trans-Pennine Unit and three boxed and unbuilt vintage Peco ‘Wonderful Wagon’ kits].
- Diecast stock, including boxed aeroplanes and boxed and unboxed N, OO and O gauge road vehicles
- Members’ own stock
A couple of points to consider with regard to the members’ sale:
- Please label your stock honestly and clearly, detailing the price, the condition and adding any other relevant information in order that buyers understand fully what they may be purchasing.
- Please be available throughout the time of the sale to answer questions from prospective buyers. You will be solely responsible for managing any financial transaction that follows.
The building’s lift
For those who have not noticed, the lift is now operational ! Whilst the key slot remains, a key is no longer required to take the lift to the second floor.
Unfortunately, a number of members remain in arrears with their subscriptions either through non-payment or a failure to amend their standing orders. A note was sent to those involved some time back but with a frankly disappointing response. Those members will be personally reminded again, shortly. For those concerned, please respond as requested or, regrettably, the Club will be forced to consider revoking membership. This is not a course which we wish to follow although it may become unavoidable.
The NWM October Show [October 1st. & 2nd.]
Various members have volunteered their services for set-up and Show duties and thanks very much for that. Scott Rhodes is preparing a rota for times and tasks and he will be in touch with you all shortly.
The SRMG AGM 2016
Advance notice that our annual general meeting will take place on the 24th. November at 7.00pm.
Your monthly reminder to check our website for updates, new builds and other news. Look too at the ‘About Us’ section for a newly-posted video which introduces a number of club members who talk about their modelling in particular and the Club in general.
Ted Hylton has advised that he will be taking a minibus to the Lydney Model Railway Show at some time this coming weekend. Ted says he has 10 places available in the bus and anyone who is interested in attending should contact him at the Club this Thursday for further details.
Finally, the diary update...
- 22nd. September - Next big stock sale
- October 1st & 2nd - SRMG Annual Exhibition at the NWM
- 24th. November - SRMG Annual General Meeting
- 27th. November - FOYD’s Christmas Fayre [further details to follow]
Best wishes all !