Written by Gwion Rhys Davies. Big thanks to Dapol for loaning us their Class 08 prototype.
(Please note the model in our photographs/video is hand-built prototype and may be subject to further changes before release i.e. the brass buffers will be painted.)
Last year we were blown away with Dapol’s brilliant O Gauge Terrier, a superb model at an extremely attractive price. Introducing Dapol’s second ready-to-run ‘O’ gauge locomotive, the highly anticipated Class 08 Diesel Shunter.
The Class 08 shunter features:-
- Die Cast Running plate
- Compensated Die Cast Chassis
- Die Cast and Profiled wheels
- High Level of separately applied detail
- Directional lighting
- Shunting lamp (DCC Only)
- Cab Lighting
- Sprung Metal Buffers
- Articulated Screw Coupling
- Functioning cab doors
- DCC Ready (21 Pin)
- DCC Fitted and DCC Fitted sound options available
- Un-numbered versions available so you can model your local locomotive
The first releases will be (D suffix catalogue numbers are sound fitted):
- D3043 in BR green with late crests (7D-008-000/7D-008-000D)
- 13282 in BR green with early crests (7D-008-001/7D-008-001D)
- D3045 in BR blue with wasp stripes (7D-008-002/7D-008-002D)
- D3219 in BR green with wasp stripes and late crests (7D-008-003/7D-008-003D)
- 13240 in BR black with early crests (7D-008-004/7D-008-004D)
- 08202 in BR blue with wasp stripes (7D-008-005/7D-008-005D)
Members of Dapol's Collectors Club will also have the option to purchase 13308 'Charlie', scene in the photos of this preview.
The RRP will be £199.95 for DCC ready models and £399.95 for DCC sound fitted versions, due for release mid 2016.
Be sure to keep an eye out for our followup product review upon this models release.